Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Learning Arbor Cooperative

Very excited about today.  We met the Learning Arbor Coop at White Oak park in Cary today.   Very cool mothers.  I was worried at first.   I saw a bunch of kids running barefoot (not that there's anything wrong with that, Earth people), but I just wanted to see a little diversity.  Mix it up.  And there was.  Great moms, cool kids.  This adorable ten year old version of Wednesday from "The Adams Family" looked me straight in the eye and said "math is my enemy".   Didn't even blink.  I think she was actually really into math.

Anyway, very happy to meet a few Moms and to see Zoe run around a field so easily with a bunch of kids she just met.   She'll be taking a poetry class and another class about the Rain Forest.

There was a Russian woman there offering a different kind of math class.  Seems very interesting, but I still don't get a word she said.  The accent was a little too thick for me.  I imagine Zoe would find that very distracting, but I'll have to look up her website.  She said the shape on her card is impossible.   I looked at it for awhile and couldn't figure out what she was saying.  They looked like triangles to me.  

I like opening these new doors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment