Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Confession

Homeschooling, house cleaning and hygiene...can they all get along?

We wear pajamas until 11:00 sometimes.  I won't say how long I stayed in PJs yesterday.   I will say I got dressed.  Before dark.  I think homeschooling has something to do with it.  I like the privilege getting more cosy and comfortable in my clothes, but I think Paul Bunyan's relatives are trying to kidnap me and maybe that's not a good thing.  "Wear flannel, buy a mountain retreat," they whisper.  Is this my new mantra?   I think I'm on day seven of the ponytail.  

I'm not going down that easy.

I just cut a deal with Zoë.  We can do the pajama deal every other week, but she has to be dressed for the day before noon and the same goes with me.  I do not want to sacrifice the rite of dressing, cleaning up, etc.  no more than I want a messy house.    It is as important as keeping my surrounding clean and uncluttered.    I know it's just me and Zoë many days so it's easy to go casual, but there's a fine line between casual and unkempt.  

Homeschooling, house cleaning and hygiene:   Shake and be nice to each other.



Classroom update:

Zoe and Lenny.  Oliver is in hiding.
We welcome Lenny and Butterscotch, our new guinea pigs, to Finucane Elementary.

Correction on the name Butterscotch.  Zoë has changed his name to Oliver (as in Oliver Twist).

No comments:

Post a Comment